PDA

View Full Version : vegan friendly?

lowfront
01-25-2007, 07:34 PM
will a vegan survive there?

I mean do they have, you know fruits and vegetables to eat?

Rezzo
01-25-2007, 07:35 PM
EVERYTHING IS THERE

soupbandit
01-25-2007, 07:37 PM
sure do!!

Rezzo
01-25-2007, 07:38 PM
ok...thanks for the huge capital letters

no problem :)

Mystagogue
01-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Try to get down on some fresh coconuts before they sell out.

Courtney
01-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Oooh they have the yummiest vegan pizza, piled with fresh veggies on a thin crust. Man that stuff was good!

If my memory serves me correctly, they've also had good falafel in the past.

CuervoPH
01-25-2007, 08:47 PM
yeah...I had the felafel back in '04, and I remember liking it. My traveling companion got the vegan pizza in '06, and she highly recommended it.

In '06 I think I restricted myself to whatever tasted good with $7 beer.

suprefan
01-25-2007, 08:58 PM
They had good funnel cake too didnt they? I forgot cause I didnt have some last year. But theres a ton of options and good vegan/vegetarian choices..

Mystagogue
01-25-2007, 09:00 PM
They had good funnel cake too didnt they? I forgot cause I didnt have some last year. But theres a ton of options and good vegan/vegetarian choices..

I didn't have the funnel cake, but I remember the huge sign for it. I remember a few people even talking about how good it was.

Boourns
01-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Oh yes, there's vegan and vegetarian specialty vendor booths. It costs more than real food and tastes like armpit, of course, but that stuff always does.

Fresh fruit is also available, and as someone already said, that includes fresh coconuts.

fober
01-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Yes there will be water and some remnants of grass (it's a polo field after all, silly!)

Rolandtr909
01-25-2007, 10:52 PM
There was some really yummy vegetarian Indian Food last year that I lived on for two days....

Andre Kaufman

Andreaxyz
01-25-2007, 11:36 PM
will a vegan survive there?

I mean do they have, you know fruits and vegetables to eat?

Coachella rules/FAQ (http://coachella.com/event/rules-faq)

Will there be vegetarian/vegan food offered?

Yes

Good Days Last
01-25-2007, 11:44 PM
Are you Vegan?

Or are you just scared of seeing a bunch of malnourished vegans wilting all over the place?

Cuz, that'd be cause for alarm too.

Philthy
01-26-2007, 02:37 AM

Try to get down on your partner on the FIRST night if you're camping. Any night after that would be wrong.

Jenny'sRaw&Organic
04-15-2007, 11:18 AM

We will be offering fresh coconuts there. Some other Raw/Vegan items at our booth are:
Thai Spring Rolls
Enchiladas
Squash Samosa
Pesto Pizza
Numi Rolls
An Elixir Tonic Bar
Cookies

See you there!

Jenny's Raw & Organic

auto_drive
04-15-2007, 02:39 PM
they have had this one stand called "SAVA". amazing! completely vegan/organic meals. they come in these lil box sets (kinda like a happy meal, haha bad joke)! i love eating there. does get pricey though!

DSN1138
02-06-2008, 12:16 AM
DUUDE!!! there is only one vegan place you need to know about, its a stand called green leaf or good leaf? or something like that... its at the first food court near the entrance they have vegan burgers and wraps(tofu or tempeh) and also fresh fruit smoothies best EVER!! , I seriously crave this all year and cant wait to have a burger by the time coachella comes. Also there is a pretty good raw stand call jennys raw but not compared... to the burgers

everlay
02-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Has anybody tried to pick wildcrafted food, i.e., dandelions, fruit and other things growing naturally in and around the site? That would be nutritious.

ri0tp00f
02-06-2008, 11:04 AM
If you are camping, there aren't many (if any) vegan options. Especially during breakfast. If your're worried about that, you can bring in your own food to the campground.

I agree that the GreenLeaf was the best... the tofu wraps are delish. Tempeh doesn't really have any protein.

The Indian food booth was way expensive and small portions.

heatherxxll
02-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Gawd. This is making me hungry.

tessalasset
02-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Oh my god I'm all about the fresh coconuts this year.

fatbastard
02-06-2008, 05:47 PM
DUUDE!!! there is only one vegan place you need to know about, its a stand called green leaf or good leaf? or something like that... its at the first food court near the entrance they have vegan burgers and wraps(tofu or tempeh) and also fresh fruit smoothies best EVER!! , I seriously crave this all year and cant wait to have a burger by the time coachella comes. Also there is a pretty good raw stand call jennys raw but not compared... to the burgers

That's what I taking about. Despite having a bunch of BBQ vendors last year, I still managed to eat at sweet leaf at least twice. There's nothing like a cup of ice cold apple juice from a big ass glass 1 gallon jug on a hot day. The tahini burgers are the closest thing non meat I've ever eaten that taste like meat. Fresh Blueberry and Stawberry smoothies wash them burgers down so well. The bottles of tea are great too.

coldstart
02-06-2008, 05:58 PM
I've been a vegetarian (was vegan for a bit but I like my cheese :P) most my life and Coachella has things for us to eat. I do usually bring quite a bit of low/no prep food that I keep in the tent/car so that I don't have to spend a shitload of money. But in any case, you will be able to survive.
Just bring some cash.

M Sparks
02-06-2008, 05:59 PM
The bottles of tea are great too.

Ooooh...this stuff?
http://www.sweetleaftea.com/images/splash_granny.gif

That's the best sweet tea. I should get some for camping, except I think they only come in glass bottles. Last time I road tripped, I bought a case at Sam's Club. Yum.

EDIT...they have 64oz Plastic Bottles of Sweet Leaf Tea according to their website. I gotta start looking for them, or I'll have to order them online. Which seems silly.

coldstart
02-06-2008, 06:00 PM
If you are camping, there aren't many (if any) vegan options. Especially during breakfast. If your're worried about that, you can bring in your own food to the campground.

I agree that the GreenLeaf was the best... the tofu wraps are delish. Tempeh doesn't really have any protein.

The Indian food booth was way expensive and small portions.

Uh, tempeh is fermented soy beans, and it actually has a higher content of protein than tofu does. Look it up.

DSN1138
02-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Uh, tempeh is fermented soy beans, and it actually has a higher content of protein than tofu does. Look it up.

I was just about to say that .. also most places have b12 in the tempeh starter which is very good for vegetarians. PLUS the protein in tempeh is better absorbed in your body and lowers cholesterol. I fucking love tempeh!

I wish that the vegan/veg option were better in the camping area.
I should just start my own vegetarian stand .

gaypalmsprings
01-13-2009, 08:08 PM
http://www.nataliedee.com/031008/i-got-enough-pie-to-go-around.jpg

feather
01-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Is that vegan cherry pie GPS? Why I would love some.

CalmerThanYou
01-13-2009, 08:17 PM
miniature meatball pie, feather. eat up.

cooperb1
01-14-2009, 01:48 AM

i must have had 5-10 of these a day i love them
Jenny's Raw & Organic is one of the best

postmusic
01-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Go Vegans!

stinkbutt
01-15-2009, 01:34 PM
http://www.lisburncity.gov.uk/filestore/images/Raw-Meat-1.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/111/277293035_ee0f31c10b.jpg

lolwut
01-15-2009, 01:35 PM
EVERYTHING IS THERE