THE SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES
VOID IN FLORIDA AND NEW YORK AND WHERE PROHIBITED
1. SPONSOR/ENTRY PERIOD: This Sweepstakes is governed by these Sweepstakes Rules (the “Sweepstakes Rules”) and is sponsored by Goldenvoice LLC (“Sponsor”), having its principal place of business at 5750 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 501, Los Angeles, CA 90036-3638.
The Sweepstakes start date is Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 12:00 a.m. PDT based on Sponsor’s clock and the Sweepstakes end date (“End Date”) is April 5, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. PDT (such period, the “Entry Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to residents of the U.S. including the District of Columbia (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) and EXCLUDING NEW YORK AND FLORIDA, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older, at the time of entry (the “Eligibility Area”) and who have already purchased passes to Coachella 2012. Employees, officers, directors and agents (and their immediate families and household members regardless of where they live, or members of the same households (whether related or not)) of the Sponsor, and any of its divisions, affiliates, and subsidiaries (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Provider”), are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or to win any prize. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. HOW TO ENTER: ONLINE ENTRIES ONLY. Please visit https://www.coachella.com/account/index the “Sweepstakes Site.” Once there, in order to enter:
Please either log in using your log in information or, if you have not registered, please click on the “create a new account” tab and complete the requested information. Once you have logged in or created a new account you will see a tab that says “Register My Wristband.” Click on the Register My Wristband tab and complete the requested information and you will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. Individuals that registered their wristbands prior to the start of the Entry Period will be automatically entered, but no entries received after the end date of the Entry Period will be eligible. Limit of one entry per person and per household. Duplicate entries from the same e-mail address/person/household will be automatically eliminated without notice to the entrant. Where a dispute arises about who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the relevant account. Entries must be received by the Sweepstakes End Date. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. No entries will be acknowledged or returned.
4. PRIZES: A total of Thirty-nine (39) prizes will be awarded. The prizes (“Prizes”) are:
Prize One - Ten: Ten (10) pair of passes to ride the ferris wheel. Approximate retail value per pair is Ten Dollars ($10). Total approximate retail value is One hundred Dollars ($100).
Prize Eleven – Twenty: Ten (10) pair of shuttle passes for the shuttle line of the selected entrants choice. Approximate retail value per pair is One Hundred Sixty Dollars ($160). Total approximate retail value of all Ten prizes is ($1600).
Prize Twenty-One – Thirty: Ten (10) merchandise vouchers for Coachella merchandise each valued at Twenty-five Dollars ($25). Total approximate retail value is Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250).
Prize Thirty-One: One (1) Safari tent for weekend two and Two upgrades from the pass currently held by Selected Winner to Artist Pass. Approximate retail value is Six Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($6500).
Prize Thirty -Two: Two (2) Weekend One passes to see the band of the selected winner’s choice in the photo pit. The selected winner and their guest will be escorted to the front of house (in front of stage) to see a band of their choice. Total approximate retail value is zero Dollars.
Prize Thirty-Three: Two (2) Weekend Two passes to see the band of the selected winner’s choice in the photo pit. The selected winner and their guest will be escorted to the front of house (in front of stage) to see a band of their choice. Total approximate retail value is zero Dollars.
Prize Thirty-Four: Two (2) upgrades from the pass currently held by Selected Winner to VIP passes for Weekend One. Approximate retail value Three Hundred Eighty Dollar each ($380 value each). Total approximate retail value Seven Hundred Sixty Dollars ($760).
Prize Thirty-five: Two (2) upgrades from the pass currently held by Selected Winner to VIP passes for Weekend One. Approximate retail value Three Hundred Eighty Dollars each ($380 value each). Total approximate retail value Seven Hundred Sixty Dollars ($760).
Prize Thirty-six: Two (2) upgrades from the pass currently held by Selected Winner to VIP passes for Weekend Two. Approximate retail value Three Hundred Eighty Dollar each ($380 value each). Total approximate retail value Seven Hundred Sixty Dollars ($760).
Prize Thirty-seven: Two (2) upgrades from the pass currently held by Selected Winner to VIP passes for Weekend Two. Approximate retail value Three Hundred Eighty Dollar each ($380 value each). Total approximate retail value Seven Hundred Sixty Dollars ($760).
Prize Thirty-eight: Two (2) upgrades from the pass currently held by Selected Winner to Guest Pass for Weekend One. Approximate retail value One Thousand Dollars each ($1000). Total approximate retail value Two Thousand Dollars ($2000).
Prize Thirty-nine: Two (2) upgrades from the pass currently held by Selected Winner to Guest Pass for Weekend Two. Approximate retail value One Thousand Dollars each ($1000). Total approximate retail value Two Thousand Dollars ($2000).
Approximate total retail value of all prizes is Fifteen Thousand Four Hundred Ninety Dollars ($15,590). Travel is not included for any of the Prizes. Any and all expenses not expressly provided above are the responsibility of the selected winner of the applicable Prize. It is possible that, due to the nature of the Prize, a Prize may be cancelled or postponed and the Sweepstakes Provider is not responsible to nor will have any further obligation to the Prize Winner if such occurs. Except where otherwise noted in these Official Rules, the selection of all vendors, prizes, products, and services is subject to the Sweepstakes Provider’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize (or any portion thereof) is nontransferable and non-exchangeable. No substitutions or cash redemption of prize is permitted except that the Sweepstakes Provider retains the right to substitute a prize of equal of greater retail value (or at Sweepstakes Provider’s election, the cash value of the applicable Prize). Additional restrictions may apply.
5. PRIZE DRAWING: Each potential Prize Winner (“Selected Entrant”) will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received as of the date of that drawing. Fifty (50) Prize drawings will be held as follows:
Prize Drawing Date
(on or about) Number of Selected Entrants Prize
3/23/2012 10 Prizes 1 - 10
3/26/2012 10 Prizes 11 – 20
3/27/2012 10 Prizes 21 - 30
3/28/2012 1 Prizes 31
3/29/201 1 Prize 32
3/30/2012 1 Prize 33
4/2/2012 1 Prize 34
4/3/2012 1 Prize 35
4/4/2012 1 Prize 36
4/5/2012 1 Prize 37
4/6/2012 2 Prize 38 - 39
The drawing will be conducted by the Sweepstakes Provider whose decision is final and binding on all aspects of this Sweepstakes. The Selected Entrants will be notified within one week of the Drawing Date by e-mail and/or telephone. Failure of any Selected Entrant to respond within a reasonable time frame (but not longer than 72 hours) from such notification referred to above may result in disqualification and the selection of another entrant from among all eligible entries received. By entering the drawing, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Provider. In the event of non-compliance for any reason, including the inability to accept the Prize for any reason, an alternate entrant may be selected. In the event Selected Entrant is a resident of Canada, the Canadian Selected Entrant will be required to answer a bona fide skill question in order to be awarded the Prize. If the Canadian Selected Entrant is unable to correctly answer the skill question in the time allotted, the Canadian Selected Entrant will be disqualified and an alternate entrant will be selected from among all eligible entries received.
6. CONDITIONS, DISCLAIMERS, AND LICENSE: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sweepstakes Provider (which decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes), and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. The decisions of the Sweepstakes Provider are final on all matters of fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure and fulfillment. Entries and other submitted materials become the property of the Sweepstakes Provider and/or its promotional partner(s) and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Sweepstakes Provider is not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, or misdirected entries or for any technical malfunction, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or line failure in connection with any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes Provider makes no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished or made available in connection with the Sweepstakes. Although Sweepstakes Provider attempts to ensure the integrity of the Sweepstakes, the Sweepstakes Provider is not responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ or other individuals’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Provider is not responsible for injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer(s), other equipment, or person(s), related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or using the Sweepstakes Site. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sweepstakes Provider, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sweepstakes Provider reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these Official Rules and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and to select a Selected Entrant from among all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable. Proof of submitting entry will not be deemed receipt of such entry by the Sweepstakes Provider. In the event that there are typographical errors that obscure the original intent of the Sweepstakes, Sweepstakes Provider reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes appropriately.
All taxes (including without limitation Federal, state and local taxes) in connection with the Prize, and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner(s). Prize Winner(s) may be sent a tax form 1099 in the event the average retail value requires Sweepstakes Provider to submit such form. In order to claim the Prize, the Selected Entrant may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and in compliance with these Official Rules, liability release, publicity release (unless prohibited by law), address verification and other registrations and participation information requested by the Sweepstakes Provider (unless prohibited by law), at the discretion of Sweepstakes Provider. Additional information will be mailed to Selected Entrant using the address provided in the entry form. The return of forms or prizes as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner, at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Provider. In no event is Sweepstakes Provider required to contact Selected Entrant more than once.
By entering this Sweepstakes and unless prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant hereby consents to use of his/her respective name, voice, photograph and/or likeness for advertising or publicity purposes for this and similar promotions without compensation and the potential Prize Winner and guest may be required to provide a signed release acknowledging such consent, unless restricted by law. Moreover, by entering this Sweepstakes, unless prohibited by law, the potential Prize Winner agrees to grant to the Sweepstakes Provider, and its licensees, affiliates, and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the Prize Winner’s name, likeness (actual or simulated), voice (actual or simulated), and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews, as may be determined from time to time by the Sweepstakes Provider in its sole discretion.
8. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants release and hold the Sweepstakes Provider from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity (including without limitation the removal from the site of, or discontinuation of access to, any materials), or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: In no event will the Sweepstakes Provider be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including without limitation direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, arising out of any access to and/or use of the Sweepstakes Site, the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from the Sweepstakes Site, the removal from the Sweepstakes Site of, or discontinuation of access to, any materials, or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of, or any harm resulting from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of, or participation in, any Prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes. Without limiting the foregoing, the Sweepstakes, all Prizes, and all materials provided on or through the Sweepstakes Site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
10. GOVERNING LAW: The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of California (as distinguished from the choice of law rules) and the United States of America applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in California and where the relevant contacts are with such state. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
(b) Severability; Headings: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.
(c) Winner: For a list of winners, no later than July 15, 2012 send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Attn: Coachella Wristband Registration Sweepstakes Winners’ List, Goldenvoice LLC, 5750 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 501, Los Angeles, Ca 90036. WA and VT residents may omit return postage.
(d) Rule Requests: To receive a copy of these complete rules, no later than July 15, 2012 send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Attn: Coachella Wristband Registration Sweepstakes Rule Request, Goldenvoice LLC, 5750 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 501, Los Angeles, Ca 90036. WA and VT residents may omit return postage. WA and VT residents may omit return postage.